The Volunteer Managers Network gives people working with volunteers in and around Stoke on Trent an opportunity to share ideas, network and provide mutual support.
You don’t have to be a ‘Volunteer Manager’ to join. If your role includes working with and supporting volunteers within your organisation, whether paid or voluntary, you may find the network useful. We recognise that ‘Volunteer Managers’ are often the sole person within their organisation with responsibility for volunteers and this network can help them to meet people with a similar role. Members can be from voluntary or community sector organisations or from the statutory sector. We aim to improve cross-sector work around volunteering.
VAST is dedicated to supporting volunteering in our city and facilitates this network, with the support of local partners, to ensure that volunteering is safe and inclusive for all.
Aims of the Volunteer Managers’ Network:
- To celebrate and promote volunteering activity
- To raise awareness and understanding of volunteering related issues
- To improve networking and co-operation between organisations and across voluntary and statutory sectors
- To share good practise
- To provide a supportive network for volunteer managers
The Volunteer Manager’s Network meets quarterly (currently meeting virtually) with a combinations of workshops, presentations, activities and discussions led by members to share our collective knowledge, experience and skills.
Future meeting dates:
- Friday February 26th 1pm – 3pm
- Friday May 14th 1pm – 3pm
- Friday August 19th 1pm – 3pm
- Friday November 26th 1pm – 3pm
Read our previous Volunteer Managers Network newsletters here: