The Voluntary Sector Chief Officers Group (VSCOG) is a network of Voluntary Sector Organisations in Stoke-on-Trent which seeks to provide a clearer, louder, and more unified voluntary sector voice to influence local agendas and create strategic partnerships with other sectors.
VSCOG members have common aims, which encompass:
- promoting the role and value of Stoke-on-Trent’s VCSE sector;
- securing the local VCSE sector’s sustainability and prosperity;
- improving the quality of life for all through the VCSE sector;
- maximising the potential of the VCSE sector;
- helping the local public sector to maximise efficiency.
As a member of VSCOG you can help to shape the future of the VCSE sector in Stoke-on-Trent, keep up to date with local sector news, get to know other leaders in the local sector, and help provide a mutual support network.
Your involvement brings benefits not only to your organisation but to VSCOG as a whole. Strategic coordination of VCSE sector activity is an important aspect of sector development, particularly in its engagement with the other sectors. We need your input to adequately shape and influence local planning and policy.
Together VSCOG can:
- Raise the profile and role of the VCSE sector in Stoke-on-Trent;
- Lobby on behalf of VCSE sector organisations;
- Advocate on behalf of your service users;
- Influence local policy;
- Develop new or expand existing services;
- Build partnerships and foster collaborative working;
- Share experiences and pool best practice;
- Encourage innovation and promote quality assurance;
- Manage competition and access new funding.