Door2Door Transport is a community transport service for residents of Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke-on-Trent. Our fabulous team of Volunteer Drivers support people to get out and about in their communities helping reduce isolation and enabling people to maintain their independence.
Who can use the service?
- Adults who are a resident of Newcastle-under-Lyme or Stoke-on-Trent and are unable to access public transport or have access to their own vehicle
- Wheelchair users where they are able to transfer to a standard vehicle and the wheelchair/walkers may be collapsed to fit into the boot of a car.
Door2Door Transport can be used for a variety of journeys including:
- Health-related appointments (where transport is not the responsibility of the local health service)
- Social/recreational events and clubs
- Visiting friends
- Banking, shopping, hairdressing
A fare is charged based on the distance travelled.
Door2Door Volunteer Drivers can support with transport to and from activities and ensure you are safely settled back at home however we are not able to assist with shopping or other activities.
Operating during the coronavirus pandemic
Our service has had to change a little as a result of coronavirus and we’ve made these changes to keep our customers and Volunteer Drivers safe.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser before entering the car and to wear a face-covering while using the service. Our Customer Face Covering Policy can be reviewed here.
- Our drivers will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), keeping the vehicle well ventilated and cleaning the car including seatbelts, grab handles and door handles thoroughly.
- We’ll ask you to sit in the rear of the car on a disposable seat cover and the drivers might not be able to help you into the car in the same way we did before.
- It is vital that you do not use the service if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of COVID-19 and the driver will ask you to confirm this when they arrive to collect you.
- We will arrange payment with you when you make the booking so our drivers do not need to handle any cash and we have added a small PPE charge to cover these additional costs.
- If you have any queries please give us a call on or Contact Us and we’ll be happy to talk with you.
Our offices our open Monday – Thursday 9:30-12:30. Please give us a call for more information. Due to the high volume of users please try and give a minimum of 2 working days notice for your booking.
“I would highly recommend the scheme. It makes a tremendous difference as I don’t feel so lonely or isolated.” Betty Clarke – Door2Door service user.
Do you enjoy meeting people? Would you like to be part of a network supporting people in your local community? All you need is your own car and a small amount of time to spare.
Door2Door provides transport to local people who are unable to access public transport to get around. The role is flexible so you can provide as much or as little time as you can spare but you will be making a huge difference to local people who could otherwise become lonely and isolated.
Your mileage and expenses are reimbursed and you can enjoy meeting with other volunteer drivers at one of our regular driver meetings.
“Treated very well when booking journey. Use it for all types of journeys. It adds to my life and would have to stay at home if this scheme was not available.” R. Stocks – Door2Door service user.
Find out more?