Last week to make your voice count
We are in the final week of our public conversation (listening exercise) on local health and care services, with our survey closing at midnight on Sunday (25 August).
We want to hear people’s experiences of health and care services across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent and understand what’s working well and what can be improved.
If you have not done so already, we invite you to take part by filling out our survey online or in hard copy.
Over recent weeks, we have had many meaningful conversations with local people. Every comment will be analysed over the coming weeks with a Report of Findings being presented to the CCGs’ Governing Bodies in Autumn 2019.
The 12-week public conversation has built on the NHS Long Term Plan that was published in January 2019. Our conversations with local people have focused on:
- Simplifying the local urgent and emergency care system
- Developing a new vision for health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent that is focussed on high quality, community-based care centred on the citizen – this will include maternity services, mental health services and planned care (surgery and outpatients)
- How the local health and care system can embrace and fully utilise new technology and ensure the buildings we deliver services from are fit for purpose
- Reviewing the use and function of the community hospitals in South Staffordshire
- Exploring what ‘integration of health and care services’ really means for local people
- Identifying additional priorities that will deliver clinical and financial stability.
We would be grateful if you could promote this survey amongst your networks over the last few days. We are hoping to engage with as many people as possible in order to get a full and accurate picture of local peoples’ experiences of health and care services.
More information can be found on Together We’re Better’s website at www.twbstaffsandstoke.org.uk/get-involved/health-and-care. There you will be able to:
Read our Health and Care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent document, Summary document and Easy Read document that explain what this is about, why change is needed, the challenges and opportunities locally and the areas we need to talk about
For more information or to get help completing the survey, call us on 01785 276926.