Job Title: Client Development Officer
Based at: Restart Offices
Hours: 35 hours per week (this post will involve some flexible working)
Responsible to: Restart Director
Responsible for: Developing client skills and opportunities
Recruitment: This post is subject to a satisfactory DSB check
Closing Date: 1st January 2020
Interview Date: Monday 13th January
Application process: CV and covering letter to be sent to email@example.com
Benefits: 24 days leave per year (pro rata), plus statutory Bank Holidays, a flexible approach to working, contributory pension scheme
Summary of Duties:
- To develop and deliver a menu of opportunities for clients to develop their skills and confidence including 1-1 or group work activities.
- To identify a menu of opportunities for clients to enhance their life skills by negotiating with local training providers and partner organisations.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the project, including feedback from volunteers, clients and partner agencies.
- In response to the individual needs of clients, plan, implement and delivery 1:1 or group work activities. You will flexibly adapt your working style and time to ensure that all clients requiring assistance are supported as and when required.
- To provide support by talking to clients and identifying possible solutions to support their need including the development of Individual Learning Plans for all clients to address the barriers and behaviours that are preventing them from moving forward.
- Motivate clients to engage with internal and external development services, liaising with the Support Team who you will accompany them to and from appointments advocating on their behalf to ensure they received the correct levels of support.
- Source and access community groups, activities and events to meet the needs of clients enabling them to build support networks in their local area
- To recruit, support and co-ordinate a team of external Volunteer Mentors to enhance the learning and development of clients.
- Supporting a one team approach you will work co-operatively with colleagues and agencies attending regular internal and external meetings to ensure clients are kept at the heart of the service delivery.
- To identify any evident risk or safeguarding issues whilst carrying out your duties and respond appropriately in line with relevant Saltbox policies ensuring any incidents are recorded and reported appropriately.
- To ensure that client achievements are well documented and can be evidenced as part of their achievement portfolio.
- To develop and implement support and training mechanisms for client.
- To develop training, volunteering and employability opportunities from partnering organisations, businesses and within Saltbox.
- To ensure that and maintain up-to-date records as required and assist with the production and summary of statistics, monitoring and evaluation of the service.
- To adhere to the policies and procedure as specified by the Saltbox Trustees.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by the Management and Trustees which are commensurate with the position.