Polling Station Steward (required to work all day from 6.30 a.m.) Fee £140 plus £6 travel expenses and £30 training
- Takes instructions from presiding officer throughout the day.
- Hours of work: arrive at the polling station no later than 6.30 a.m. to set up the station as per presiding officer’s instructions. The station opens at 7.00 a.m. and must close at 10 p.m.
- The steward tidies the polling station after the close of poll, removing all notices and rubbish from the room, while the presiding officer completes the paperwork.
- During polling hours, Stewards will alternate between marshalling queues outside the station, maintaining a one- way system within the station, wiping down the polling booths between elector usage and assisting the Presiding Officer with the allocation of ballot papers.
- There will be a training session or this role
Count and verification 9:30am onwards Friday 07 May (£12.50 p/hr)
The verification precedes the count. This is the process that checks that all the used ballot papers agree with the ballot paper accounts which the presiding officers complete at the end of the poll. The count process involves splitting the verified ballot papers between individual candidates to give a total for each. These totals are used to compile a result.
COVID 19 Security Measures
All Venues and staff will be provided with several changes of masks, gloves, desk shields, hand sanitiser, anti-bacterial wipes and spray, cleaning cloths and signage.
Too register your interest in this role please click here