Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board in conjunction with Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Partnership announce their virtual conference focused on neglect and the voice of the child for those who work with children under 5 across the County and City. The conference will also see the launch of the Graded Care Profile 2 (GCP2) neglect toolkit licensed on behalf of the NSPCC.
We are delighted to announce an impressive line-up of speakers to this year’s conference around neglect, the national picture, local learning from reviews, partner initiatives, GCP2 Champions and the voice of the child.
- Nicki Walker-Hall, Independent reviewer for child safeguarding practice reviews will be talking about creating situations where children feel comfortable and listening to and observing children’s reactions to inform assessments.
- Alan Wood and Jenny Nicholson from the NSPCC will be delivering the national picture on neglect and the launch of the new Graded Care Profile 2 toolkit.
- Dr Suzanne Smith Founder and Programme Director for ICON which addresses abusive head trauma in babies will be sharing her experience in the field.
- And the National Child bureau will be speaking about the voice of the child, with advice, tools and techniques to help front line staff hear without words especially in the very young and non-verbal.
- GCP2 Champions and practitioners will deliver the launch of GCP2 with training experience and case studies.
‘Everything you need to know about identifying, assessing and working with neglect in families you work with.’
To find out more information and to book your FREE place visit here
Follow us on twitter @StaffsSCB and Like us on Facebook @StaffsSCB for updates about the conference.
Categorised in: Latest News