TO APPLY YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPETED APPLICATION FORM WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE
Deadline for applications is 11 pm Sunday 25th October 2020
- 37 hr per week Maternity Cover until June 2021
- 29 hr per week Fixed term until March 2022 (possibility of extension dependant on funding)
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a Home-Start local agency, a recognised quality service supporting children and families. Home-Start Newcastle Borough has 2 vacancies for a Family Support Worker.
Purpose of the job:
- This exciting and varied role requires energy and commitment.
- To be part of a small team delivering a family intervention service, on behalf of Staffordshire County Council, to support the children and family following Home-Start’s model of working, policies and procedures.
- To provide practical help and support to families, completing an early help assessment and plan as part of the service, and assisting the family to complete the identified outcomes.
- Create and distribute an information pack using various approaches to gain successful engagement to promote services with identified parents and their babies.
- The person appointed will receive support and supervision from the Scheme Manager and Management Committee and will receive support from Home-Start staff in other schemes at regional meetings
- Salary: £18,211
- Employer pension contributions of 8% which has a death in service lump sum benefit of 2 x annual salary.
- The option of flexi-time and part home working is available provided the needs of the families and the organisation can be met.
- Annual leave entitlement starts at 20 days and increases to 25 days after 5 years of service.
- A fantastic additional 4 days leave; (specified dates following bank holidays)
- Excellent training and development provided including Building Resilient Families and Communities Key Worker Training, Early Help Assessment, GDPR Essentials and Professional Boundaries, and many safeguarding training opportunities via Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board.
- Mileage allowance of 0.45 pence per mile in line with HMRC guidelines
- Free branded tea and coffee to keep you refreshed.
Home-Start is committed to equal opportunities and to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults, as such the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.