Door 2 Door Transport is a friendly transport service for residents of Newcastle- under-Lyme and Stoke-on-Trent who cannot access public transport easily and do not have their own transport.
“Treated very well when booking journey. Use it for all types of journeys. It adds to my life and would have to stay at home if this scheme was not available.” R. Stocks – Door 2 Door service user.
“I would highly recommend the scheme. It makes a tremendous difference as I don’t feel so lonely or isolated.” Betty Clarke – Door 2 Door service user.
Who can use the service?
- Adults who are a resident of Newcastle-under-Lyme or Stoke-on-Trent and are unable to access public transport or have access to their own vehicle
- Wheelchair users where they are able to transfer to a standard vehicle and the wheelchair / walkers may be collapsed to fit into the boot of a car.
Door2Door Transport can be used for a variety of journeys including:
- Health-related appointments (where transport is not the responsibility of the local health service)
- Social/recreational events and clubs
- Visiting friends
- Banking, shopping, hairdressing
Door2Door Volunteer Drivers can support with transport to and from activities and ensure you are safely settled back at home however we are not able to assist with shopping or other activities.
A small fare is charged based on the distance travelled.
Our offices our open Mon-Thursday 9-12. Please give us a call for more information. Due to the high volume of users please try and give a minimum of 2 working days notice for your booking.
Do you enjoy meeting people? Would you like to be part of a network supporting people in your local community? All you need is your own car and a small amount of time to spare.
Door2Door provides transport to local people who are unable to access public transport to get around. The role is flexible so you can provide as much or as little time as you can spare but you will be making a huge difference to local people who could otherwise become lonely and isolated.
Your mileage and expenses are reimbursed and you can enjoy meeting with other volunteer drivers at one of our regular driver meetings.
Find out more?
For more information about the Door2Door Transport service or to get involved please contact us or call 01782 621936.