Digital Champions are people who support others in their community, network or workplace to get better access to digital technologies and to stay safe online.
Who can be a Digital Champion?
Anyone over the age of 18 can become a Discover Digital Champion. You do not need to have any experience as a digital champion, as full support will be provided. You will have some confidence using digital technology, although you do not need to be an expert, and be keen to share your knowledge with others. We are especially interested in recruiting Digital Champions who are left out of more traditional digital programmes including people from minoritized cultures and backgrounds.
What skills or experiences do I need?
You do not need any specific skills, experience or qualifications. You will be interested in digital technology, feel relatively confident using it and be keen to help others to build their confidence. You will enjoy interacting with others and will be keen to build people’s confidence, skills and knowledge to improve their access to the digital world.
What is in it for me?
- All Discover Digital Champions will receive a bursary to cover out of pocket expenses.
- You will be trained and supported throughout the programme.
- You will develop new skills in mentoring others and will be invited to access training programmes to support your role.
- You will be able to list your volunteering on your CV.
- You will join a supportive team and a growing network of digital champions.
- You will extend your own network by working on a project with 12 community partners.
How do I sign up?
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact email@example.com