Disabled Facilities Grants | Staffordshire Moorlands District Council

April 27, 2021 10:20 am

A Disabled Facilities Grant is funding to help a disabled person adapt their home to make it easier and safer to live in. It can be used for:

  • widening doors and installing ramps and step rails
  • improving access to rooms and facilities – e.g. stairlifts or level access bathing
  • adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.

To apply, contact the Staffordshire Cares team on 0300 111 8010.

For adults over 18 years, the amount of grant you can get will be decided by a test of resources – your income and capital and that of your spouse. The team will ask you what you find difficult and might need support with. They can recommend household equipment and gadgets or a free home assessment might be needed to recommend changes to help.

The information that you provide about the changes you need will be passed onto the Support for Independent Living in Staffordshire service (SILIS), who can help you apply for a grant.

Further information can be found at www.staffordshire.gov.uk or by calling the Staffordshire Cares team on 0300 111 8010.

Categorised in:

Font Resize