It’s difficult to know what to do for the best in these uncertain times, but following the guidance and advice set out by the government is essential. The measures that Number 10 has announced are crucial to protect ourselves and others from contracting the virus and, lessening the strain on the country’s key workers including the NHS, emergency services, retailers, suppliers, and many others who are risking their own health to help others.
There are lots of different guides and resources out there so to make it much easier to get to the information you need, we’ve compiled a list here. What you need to know, all in one place. The links will take you to current guidance and information which is regularly updated.
- What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Staying at home and away from others
- If you are experiencing symptoms (self-isolating)
- Protecting very vulnerable people (Shielding)
- Guidance for charities
- Information for social enterprises
- Annual returns information
- Filing accounts with Companies House
- Supporting volunteers
- Guidance for schools, nurseries and other educational settings
- Guidance for residential care, supported living and home care
- Information for carers
- Information for parents and carers of disabled children
- Information on claiming benefits during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Changes to DBS checking guidelines
- Information on vehicle MOT’s during lockdown
- Guidance for employers
- Guidance on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus
- Guidance for pet owners and livestock keepers
- Guidance & help for the extremely vulnerable from Together We’re Better
- Guidance for CIC’s
The UK Government are updating and releasing information all the time – their news feed contains all the newest announcements and guidance.
Other useful information from the voluntary sector
- The NCVO Blog is a great place to get information and guidance around COVID-19 and the effect it has on volunteers, governance, funding and more. NCVO are continuing to make the case to government for a package of financial support for the sector. Evidence of the financial danger that charities are in is crucial so do please share your story with them using this case study form.
- Charity Digital have put all their Coronavirus related content all in one place to make it easier to find the information you need. You do have to register after reading three articles but it’s free and very useful.
- Good Finance has created a handy COVID-19 Resource Hub for Charities and Social Enterprises which covers social investment as well as other relevant topics.
- What can you do to mitigate the impact of Coronavirus? Charity Finance Group have created a practical guide for charity finance professionals, which will be updated with new information and advice as the crisis unfolds.
- NAVCA are Stepping up to the Challenge of COVID-19 with lots of information and resources including organising local volunteers, ideas for safe social action and the VCS Emergency Partnership. Their VCSE Resources Hub also has some great advice on remote working.
- The Coronavirus Hub from British Chambers of Commerce collates all their COVID-19 content including advice on mental health during the outbreak, resources created by regional Chambers and a useful FAQ section.
- The Coronavirus: Information for families with disabled children page from Contact includes health tips, guidance about children with complex medical needs, schooling for vulnerable children and much more for parents and carers of children with disabilities.
- Ian Hulme, Director for Regulatory Assurance at the ICO has published a very useful blog on what you need to know about data protection during COVID-19.
- Directory of Social Change has put all their funding information in one place – your one-stop-shop for funding updates during the coronavirus outbreak.
- BSL video information & guidance for those with hearing loss.
- Self-care during COVID-19: Mental health experts, Combat Stress has shared some help and advice to support everyone in managing their mental health throughout the COVID-19 crisis. The guidance includes some simple and quick tips as well as more detailed guides and resources on topics like managing anxiety and working out from experts including occupational therapists and art therapists.
Local councils across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are also publishing their own advice according to their areas and communities:
- Cannock Chase District Council
- East Staffordshire Borough Council
- Lichfield District Council
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
- South Staffordshire District Council
- Stafford Borough Council
- Staffordshire County Council
- Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Tamworth Borough Council
Appropriate use of PPE
Pase read this guide about the appropriate use of PPE. Some voluntary groups may still be using PPE when it is not needed, putting pressure on supplies – so it’s really important that everyone understands when they should and should not be using it