Location: The Dudson Centre
Opportunity Type: No fixed hours
Category: Community Work Health & Wellbeing
Benefits: Meet New People, Enjoyment, Make A Difference Locally
Skill: Excellent communication skills, organised and methodical approach, IT/Computer Literacy skills
Activities: Administration & Clerical
Door2Door provides transport to local people who are unable to access public transport to get around. The role is flexible so you can provide as much or as little time as you can spare but you will be making a huge difference to local people who could otherwise become lonely and isolated.
Key Tasks & responsibilities:
Required to answer the phone and to take bookings and answer enquiries for the Door2Door Transport Scheme which is based at The Dudson Centre in Hanley. There will also be a small amount of filing.
- Answering telephone calls and taking bookings for the scheme
- Responding to enquiries about the Door2Door Transport scheme
- Assisting with scheduling of bookings
- Liaising with volunteer drivers to ensure bookings are fulfilled
- Ensuring information is correctly recorded and stored
Travel expenses will be paid and flexible hours available. There is no minimum or maximum commitment. The scheme currently takes bookings between 9am and 12pm Monday to Thursday.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good organisational and computer skills
- Professional and friendly manner
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of people
- Non – judgmental and empathetic attitude
Full training will be given in the procedures and systems used as part of your induction with ongoing training and upskilling available. Regular meetings with the Transport Coordinator and Peer Mentor available.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 683000.