Tech-buddy volunteer role
Purpose of role: Healthy Generations aims to provide people with knowledge and understanding about self-care and self-management through the use of digital technology and positive ageing groups. A tech-buddy will provide focused support, in a group environment, to help our clients gain confidence and understanding around using digital technology to improve their health and wellbeing, and their quality of life.
Duties of role:
- Attending positive ageing groups at the Beth Johnson Community Hub in Hartshill or engagement events across Stoke-on-Trent;
- To provide one-to-one support, within a group environment, to enable clients to gain confidence and understanding with using digital technology;
- Assist in motivating clients to use digital technology and explaining the benefits to health and wellbeing that are available through digital technology;
- To help remove some of the barriers to digital technology that older people face by showing patience, understanding and encouragement;
- Assist in equipping clients with the skills to navigate their way through tasks such as downloading and using an app, online food shopping and finding information online;
- To maintain professionalism whilst carrying out duties;
- To work at all times in accordance with all policies and procedures
- Good listening and communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of digital technology such as smart phones, tablets and computers;
- Ability to motivate others;
- Patience and understanding;
- Understanding the benefits of a healthy lifestyle;
- A commitment to challenging ageism and barriers to ageing well.
If you are interested in the Tech-Buddy role, or would like more information, please contact Tom Knowles, our Project Coordinator.
Tel: 01782 844036; Mobile: 07867 003315